Position: 2 local consultants
Type of contract: Service Contract
Beneficiary Institution: Ministry of Education and Sience
Deadline: 3rd September, 2018
The Somaliland MOES conducts an Annual Joint Review of the Education Sector (JRES) to review and evaluate the yearly performance of the Ministry against the five years ESSP (2017-21). The review is jointly done by MOES and its education partners and donors. The review is a sector-wide performance monitoring system that analyzes, measuress and continuously follow up the progress made against yearly yearly Ministry goals and its planned activities. The joint review involves all the different departments of the MOES at all levels, development partners, civil society and the private sector.
MOES is holding the 4th 2018 RES Conference in Hargeisa on September 17-18 and seeking 2 JRES local consultants
- Purpose of the consultancy work
The local consultants will support and assist the international consultant hired to coordinate and facilitate the sector-wide review process in collaboration with the MOES and its education partners through data gathering and qualitative and quantitative analysis on the Ministry achievement in of 2017 its set priorities within the ESSP result framework.
- The Responsibilities of the local consultant
- The local consultants will assist and support the JRES International consulstant, the following develiverables,
- To collect sufficient information and data evidence and critically review the 2017 annual plan and achievement against the ESSP result indicators
- To participate and coordinate with MoES at different levels and development agencies in gathering the relevant information and data
- To review the level of coordination of various actors in the education sector;
- To examine key challenges within the education sector to help determine priority actions to support the achievement of the objectives of the Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP);
- To assist international consultant in Somali/English translation during field visit and consultative meetings with community education committees and education stakeholders.
- To take notes of JRES conference guest speakers and other necessary documentation
- Support JRES three thematic group activities (access, quality and governance team).
- The consultant will compile and produce a final activity report captured JRES conference discussions and presentation outcomes after JRES conducted.
- Qualification and experience requirement
- A Degree in education or related social sciences
- At least four years of relevant experience, mostly in supporting education sector and experience in education sector planning, review and evaluation is highly preferred asset;
- Excellent command of the English language with demonstrated analytical and report writing skills, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Ability to work in difficult environments; previous experience of working in fragile contexts or transition countries is an asset;
- Specific knowledge of the education sector in Somaliland
- Availability and commitment to complete the assignment within strict deadlines;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office;
The assignment is expected to start 5th September, 2018 and end at the end of September.
The application will close 3rd September, 2018